|KNOW YOUR LIBRARY|
This guide entitled “Know Your Library “gives an overall view of the library facilities in Camellia Institute of Technology. With the combined efforts of all the staff members of the library, a steady progress is being made in order to meet the pressing demands of the users by rendering various services to all users through both manual and IT based system.
Ranganathan Central Library of the Camellia Institute of Technology is the nerve center for all academic activities of the Institute. It is situated in the Amartya Block, spreading over approximately 8,000 sq feet. The library is fully computerized with LIBSYS Library management software and IEEE and E – journal also may access through NATIONAL DIGITAL LIBRARY SYSTEM. It is one of the modern Libraries in West Bengal.CIT Library comprises also Departmental Libraries.
- To generate new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research and to promote academic growth by offering state-of-the-art undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs.
- To identify, based on an informed perception of Indian, regional and global needs, areas of specialization upon which the institute can concentrate.
- To undertake collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academic and industry.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.
Our vision is to contribute to India and the World through excellence in scientific and technical education and research; to serve as a valuable resource for industry and society; and remain a source of pride for all Indians.
|AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:|
- To select, acquire, organize and utilize reading materials for the purpose of information dissemination, relevant to the aims and objectives of the Institute.
- To provide services to users for effective utilization of library resources beyond scheduled hours too.
- To encourage reading habits particularly of the student community and to make them aware of the importance of library in career building.
|GENERAL INSTRUCTION FOR USERS:|
- Library membership card is compulsory while issuing books for home reading. It is not transferable.
- Books once issued will not be allowed to keep inside the library.
|INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS:|
- Strict silence should be maintained inside the library.
- Carrying of bags, folders, personal books or any printed materials, laptop, walkman, food articles are strictly prohibited in the library. Mobile phones must be switched off before entering the library.
- Any damage or loss of book should be replaced within a week by a new one with prior intimation to the Librarian in advance.
- . Loss of library card must be reported to the Librarian immediately. For a duplicate card all supporting documents regarding its loss should be submitted to the Librarian.
- Books are arranged on the shelves subject wise according to “Dewey Decimal Classification” (DDC) system. Each subject is assigned a classification number. Books are arranged on the shelves in the ascending order of classification numbers.
- Reference books, library copies marked (R) and current issues of the journals/magazine are not issued.
|MEMBERS OF LIBRARY:|
||Mr. Ranjan Das
||Political Science (Hons), Library Science
||Sk. Intiaz Alam
||Library Science (ICT Application)
||Mr. Manas Sahoo
||History (Hons.), Library Science
||Mr. Julfikker Ali Biswas