The National Youth Day was celebrated at Camellia Institute of Technology on 12th January,2015 to commemorate the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. The Government of India declared National Youth Day in 1984 to motivate youth to follow the principles and ideals of the great philosopher and scholar. To quote from the Government of India’s Communication,
”it was felt that the philosophy of Swamiji and the ideals for which he lived and worked could be a great source of inspiration for the Indian Youth.”
THE MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME WERE:
- Transforming our students’ inherent goodness into the right urge rising out of the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
- To make them understood that they bear all power in their soul – they should keep faith on themselves.
- To teach them, that they bear huge energy to turn their lives along with the whole world peaceful by serving towards mankind.
- To make them proper human, required for the Nation-Building.
THE STUDENTS, FACULTY MEMBERS & TECHNICAL ASSISTANTS OF:
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY(CIT), MADHYAMGRAM.
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING(CIE), MADHYAMGRAM.
- CAMELLIA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT(CSBM), MADHYAMGRAM.
The programme started with a inaugural song with ‘Diya Prajjalan’ followed by welcome speech by Director, CIT.
The programme continued with Field Activities, Appeal and collection of Donation for Swami Vivekananda Kendra, presentation by the student groups, presentation by senior delegate (Prof.Rakesh Das) from Swami Vivekananda Kendra.
Participation certificates were issued to the students & faculty members from Swami Vivekananda Kendra.