Day by day using of decentralized and standalone or grid connected power production has been enhanced to power producer significantly remembering the environmentally constrained CDM technology and in connection to that government of India launched the initiative of JNN Solar Mission. Observing on the fuming issue the department of Electronics & Communication and Electrical Engineering of Camellia Institute of Technology, Madhyamgram, Kolkata-129 apprehended a hands-on training on Solar Energy and System in collaboration with NBIRT, 220 Madurdaha, Kalikapur, Kolkata-107 during the period of 11th February to 23rd, 2016.
Camellia Institute of Technology always has compatible and effective curriculum of developing student for industry ready. The course curriculum was designed with content of familiarization of solar cells, solar modules, array, PV cells, solar PV designing, storage system, home lighting systems with switch board connection, quiz, group discussion and end with floating solar panel visit and also visit to Deshapryia Park solar street lighting. It was a complete training period of 10 days and successfully covered by the trainers and officials of NBIRT. The student of Camellia Institute of Technology highly inspired by eminent personnel like Prof. (Dr.) Shantipada Gonchaudhury discussed the objective of training in respect to national and international concern.
The educators from Department of Computer Science & Engineering of Camellia Institute of Technology represented our Institution as delegates in the CISCO Unified Data Center in Kolkata on 17th July at The Park,Kolkata.
Cisco Unified Data Center changes the economics of the data center by unifying networking, compute, storage, virtualization, and management into a single platform. The results are operational simplicity and business agility, which are essential for cloud computing and deploying IT-as-a-Service.
The forum ended up with Q&A session in the house and by closing remarks.
The educators from Department of Computer Science & Engineering of Camellia Institute of Technology represented our Institution as delegates in the CISCO Education Forum 2015(Transforming Education with connected learning) on 1st July,2015 at The Oberoi Grand,Kolkata.
The forum started with a welcome address by Mr. Koushik Nath, VP Systems Engineering, India & SAARC – Cisco.
The first keynote on “Mobility in Education” was then delivered by Mr. Arun Negi, Product sales specialist, Enterprise Networking, Cisco.
The second keynote on “How is adoption of Wi-Fi and wireless connections bringing the change in the education sector” was delivered by Professor Anadadeb Mukherjee, Former Vice Chancellor, Vidyasagar University and Emeritus Professor of Jadavpur University.
The forum followed with a panel discussion on “Adoption of Technology – How is it improving Quality of Education“.
The forum ended up with Q&A session in the house and by closing remarks.
Birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in 2015 was celebrated at Camellia Institute of Technology on 23rd of January, Friday. It was celebrated as the 118th birthday anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
Subhas Chandra Bose’s birthday anniversary is celebrated every year with the great honor by the people including government and non government organizations. As he was one of the most well known Indian leaders during the independence movement, he has become a great legendary figure in the history of India.
It has been demanded by the Netaji’s followers to celebrate his birthday anniversary as a “Desh Prem Divas” in order to re-memorize his great sacrifice towards the country.
Some information about Netaji;
||23 January 1897
Cuttack, Orissa Division, Bengal Province, British India
||18 August 1945
Taipei (Taihoku), Japanese Taiwan
||University of Calcutta
University of Cambridge
||Figure of Indian independence movement
||President of Indian National Congress (1938)
Head of State, Prime Minister, Minister of War and Foreign Affairs of Provisional Government of Free India based in the Japanese-occupiedAndaman and Nicobar Islands(1943–1945)
|Indian National Congress 1921–1940,
Forward Bloc faction within the Indian National Congress, 1939–1940
||or companion, Emilie Schenkl
(secretly married without ceremony or witnesses in 1937, unacknowledged publicly by Bose.)
||Anita Bose Pfaff
The National Youth Day was celebrated at Camellia Institute of Technology on 12th January,2015 to commemorate the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. The Government of India declared National Youth Day in 1984 to motivate youth to follow the principles and ideals of the great philosopher and scholar. To quote from the Government of India’s Communication,
”it was felt that the philosophy of Swamiji and the ideals for which he lived and worked could be a great source of inspiration for the Indian Youth.”
THE MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME WERE:
- Transforming our students’ inherent goodness into the right urge rising out of the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
- To make them understood that they bear all power in their soul – they should keep faith on themselves.
- To teach them, that they bear huge energy to turn their lives along with the whole world peaceful by serving towards mankind.
- To make them proper human, required for the Nation-Building.
THE STUDENTS, FACULTY MEMBERS & TECHNICAL ASSISTANTS OF:
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY(CIT), MADHYAMGRAM.
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING(CIE), MADHYAMGRAM.
- CAMELLIA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT(CSBM), MADHYAMGRAM.
The programme started with a inaugural song with ‘Diya Prajjalan’ followed by welcome speech by Director, CIT.
The programme continued with Field Activities, Appeal and collection of Donation for Swami Vivekananda Kendra, presentation by the student groups, presentation by senior delegate (Prof.Rakesh Das) from Swami Vivekananda Kendra.
Participation certificates were issued to the students & faculty members from Swami Vivekananda Kendra.
ANURANAN, THE FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME(Phase I) was organized by Camellia Institute of Technology on 1st & 2nd December,2014. The theme of the programme was of Servant Leadership and Project Management.
The main objectives of the programme were:
- To support faculty members in their efforts to enhance competence in their teaching fields by keeping abreast of developments in their own disciplines and allied.
- To support research projects those contribute to the faculty members’ professional development and/or provide learning opportunities for students, consistent with the college’s mission as a teaching institution.
- To keep faculty informed and to foster active discussion of developments in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- To encourage thoughtful and effective integration of educational technology in the teaching and learning process.
- To support the efforts of individual faculty members to enhance their teaching and learning effectiveness.
- To develop innovation in teaching & learning process.
- To assist new faculties in developing productivity in classroom lectures and hone their skills for a brighter career at CAMELLIA.
- Commitment towards Self-development and devotion towards the institute.
- Educating young faculties on forthcoming Project Management.
The Participants of the programme were:
THE FACULTY MEMBERS & TECHNICAL ASSISTANTS OF:
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY(CIT), MADHYAMGRAM,
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING(CIE), MADHYAMGRAM
- CAMELLIA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT(CSBM), MADHYAMGRAM
- CAMELLIA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY(CSET), BARASAT,
- BENGAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT(BITM), SANTINIKETAN,
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT(CITM), BAINCHI,
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY(CIET), BUDBUD.
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF POLYTECHNIC(CIP), BUDBUD.
The programme started with an inaugural song with ‘Diya Prajjalan’ and welcome speeches by the Directors of CIT, CSET and BITM.
The following eminent speakers from Industry & Academia were invited for the programme:
- Dr. Ajay Kumar Roy, Director, IIEST.
- Swami Sarvapriyanandaji Maharaj, Ramakrishna Mission.
- Mr. Kushal Banerjee, ARM, Eastern India, TCS.
- Prof. Ashoke Ranjan Thakur, Ex-VC, WBUT, WBSU.
- Mr. Vivek Shally, Head – Education Initiative, PMI.
- Dr. Tapan Kumar Bagchi, Ex-Prof.(IIM, Kolkata).
Blood Donation & Free Health Check-Up Camp was held at Camellia Institute of Technology(CIT), Madhyamgram on 31st October,2014.
Camellia Institute of Technology celebrated Swachh Bharat Abhiyan week from 27th to 31st October ,2014.
On the first day, Mr. J. K. Roy, Advisor to Management, Electrosteel Castings Ltd. inaugurated the occasion. All faculties, staffs and students took part in the occasion by joining hands in cleaning the campus.
On the second day, everybody went to the nearby village cleaned the roads and drains and explained the village people about the necessity of keeping the environment clean.
Camellia Institute of Technology(CIT) organized Industry Conclave on 20-Oct-2104. The theme of the conclave was Employability Skills. The event was jointly organized by IIPC, Camellia Institute of Technology(CIT) with Project Management Institute(PMI).
The participants were students from Camellia Group Institutions.
Camellia Institute of Technology formed PRAYAS, Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) on the month of July,2014.