ANURANAN, THE FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME(Phase I) was organized by Camellia Institute of Technology on 1st & 2nd December,2014. The theme of the programme was of Servant Leadership and Project Management.
The main objectives of the programme were:
- To support faculty members in their efforts to enhance competence in their teaching fields by keeping abreast of developments in their own disciplines and allied.
- To support research projects those contribute to the faculty members’ professional development and/or provide learning opportunities for students, consistent with the college’s mission as a teaching institution.
- To keep faculty informed and to foster active discussion of developments in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- To encourage thoughtful and effective integration of educational technology in the teaching and learning process.
- To support the efforts of individual faculty members to enhance their teaching and learning effectiveness.
- To develop innovation in teaching & learning process.
- To assist new faculties in developing productivity in classroom lectures and hone their skills for a brighter career at CAMELLIA.
- Commitment towards Self-development and devotion towards the institute.
- Educating young faculties on forthcoming Project Management.
The Participants of the programme were:
THE FACULTY MEMBERS & TECHNICAL ASSISTANTS OF:
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY(CIT), MADHYAMGRAM,
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING(CIE), MADHYAMGRAM
- CAMELLIA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT(CSBM), MADHYAMGRAM
- CAMELLIA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY(CSET), BARASAT,
- BENGAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT(BITM), SANTINIKETAN,
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT(CITM), BAINCHI,
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY(CIET), BUDBUD.
- CAMELLIA INSTITUTE OF POLYTECHNIC(CIP), BUDBUD.
The programme started with an inaugural song with ‘Diya Prajjalan’ and welcome speeches by the Directors of CIT, CSET and BITM.
The following eminent speakers from Industry & Academia were invited for the programme:
- Dr. Ajay Kumar Roy, Director, IIEST.
- Swami Sarvapriyanandaji Maharaj, Ramakrishna Mission.
- Mr. Kushal Banerjee, ARM, Eastern India, TCS.
- Prof. Ashoke Ranjan Thakur, Ex-VC, WBUT, WBSU.
- Mr. Vivek Shally, Head – Education Initiative, PMI.
- Dr. Tapan Kumar Bagchi, Ex-Prof.(IIM, Kolkata).