Camellia Institute of Technology (CIT) Entrepreneurship cell has been created for new generation to promote innovation and entrepreneurship by converting and translating technology ideas and innovation in various disciplines of Science and Technology into products, processes and services for commercial exploitation and the benefit of society. To accomplish its goal, CIT runs and manages a Business Incubator at College campus, Madhyamgram, Kolkata-700129 to facilitate incubation of new enterprises with innovative technologies.
Activities of the E-Cell
- The institute will try to ensure maximum student should participate and go through pre incubation process of Problem identification, Solution development, Proof of Concept validation and prototype development, business model and proposal development.
- Organizing events and workshops to develop an Entrepeneurial culture among the students.
- The Institute should recruit staff that have a strong innovation and entrepreneurial/industrial experience, behavior and attitude, this will held in fostering the I&E agenda and culture in HEI.
- The Institute should develop the infrastructure.
- The Institute will motivate Faculty and departments of the institute have to work in coherence and cross departmental linkage and maximum utilizations internal resources and knowledge.
- The Institute should create different committee using faculty members and experts from industries to guide the young creative minds through effective interaction between the student body and esteemed members of the corporate world, successful entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists, thus enabling them to transform their innovative ideas into entrepreneurial ventures.
- Offering Mentorship to the aspiring Entrepreneurs, by providing necessary guidance on business planning; entrepreneurial finance; start-up and business related laws; app, software and website development etc. through a host of events and bringing in suitable mentors.
- To retain talent, the institute should develop academic and non-academic incentives and reward mechanism for all staff, faculty and stakeholders.
- A performance matrix should be developed and used for evaluation as part of annual performance and contribution of faculty/staff towards achieving I&E agenda should be part of matrix.
- The Institute will encourage Knowledge exchange through collaboration and partnership.
- Organizing Business Plan competitions, and thus helping students prepare for Business Plan competitions organized by other institutes such as NITs, IITs and IIMs.
- The Institute will encourage Knowledge development through development of innovation knowledge platforms using ICT capabilities. Repository of ideas, PoCs, Innovations and Startups can be managed through the platform.
- Overall grooming of the members, creating the new wave of Entrepreneurs of our country.
- The Institute will motivate Faculty and staff to do courses/trainings/certificates on innovations & IPR.
- The Institute also tries to organize workshop regarding IPR in collaboration with patent information Centre, WBDST.